VEHICLE RENTAL GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Trade, Transportation and Services Company MOMO RENT DOO Skopje, is a company registered in the Republic of Macedonia, with offices at Blv Makedonsko Kosovska Brigada 67, Skopje 1000, with Tax ID no. MK4082019525202 and Company Register No. 7393431.
In accordance with the General Terms and Conditions of Rental, when entering into a car rental agreement, MOMO RENT DOO Skopje undertakes to rent a vehicle(s) to the Renter for the period of time specified in the Vehicle Rental Agreement in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions and the provisions defined in the Rental Agreement.
The General Terms and Conditions define the following:
- Ownership of the rented vehicle:
The vehicle(s) is/are the exclusive and inalienable property of MOMO RENT DOO Skopje, and the renter of the vehicle has no other rights and authorizations other than those specified in the Rental Agreement.
- Persons eligible to enter into a rental agreement:
A Vehicle Rental Agreement can be signed by any domestic or foreign natural or legal person, and the vehicle may only be operated by a person over 23 years of age with a valid driver’s license for the correct category and type of vehicle to be rented, and at least 3 years of driving experience (3 x 365).
When signing the Vehicle Rental Agreement, the Vehicle User must present an identification document – valid ID card/passport and driver’s license for the correct category and type of vehicle to be rented.
Should the Vehicle User fail to provide the appropriate and complete documentation and payment has already been made using any of the payment methods, MOMO RENT DOO Skopje may opt not to refund the paid amount to the User.
- Vehicle renting and pick-up:
The User shall pick-up the vehicle upon signing the Rental Agreement.
By signing the Rental Agreement, the User acknowledges that the vehicle and equipment to be rented are in proper working condition.
The User shall drop-off the vehicle within the period and time set in the Rental Agreement.
The vehicle may only be used on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia and on the territory of Europe.
- Persons not allowed to operate the rented vehicle:
The rented vehicle(s) may not be operated by:
– a person who is not explicitly specified / identified in the Rental Agreement and is not authorized by the renter to operate the vehicle. Operating a rented vehicle by an unauthorized person shall be considered a violation of the General Terms and Conditions, and the User of the vehicle shall be liable and shall bear any and all consequences of operating a rented vehicle by an unauthorized person.
- The vehicle may not be used:
– to transport passengers and goods for profit
– at any contests, speed trials, or races
– under the influence of alcohol, sedatives, narcotics, sleeping pills or any other drugs
– by a person giving false information when concluding the rental agreement
– when inoperable or overloaded with passengers or luggage, has an expired vehicle registration certificate, or is otherwise technically defective
– outside of categorized roads
– to transport hazardous, flammable substances, and/or radioactive materials
– to transport live animals or pets
– it is not allowed to re-rent or grant use of the vehicle to a person other than the one who has signed the rental agreement or is authorized by that person to operate the vehicle
– the vehicle may not be assigned, pledged, subjected to forced execution, nor may it be given as a guarantee or security to third parties
By failing to comply with any of the above provisions, the User shall be liable for all detrimental consequences, and MOMO RENT DOO Skopje shall be entitled to demand that the vehicle is returned IMMEDIATELY, and to request reimbursement of the damages caused by any incompliance with these General Terms and Conditions.
- Vehicle Service and Maintenance
– for the entire term of the rental agreement, the User shall use the vehicle with due care and diligence and shall take all necessary measures to maintain the vehicle in the same condition in which it was received
– during the term of the vehicle rental agreement, the User is required to fill the tank with the appropriate type of fuel, windshield washer fluid and antifreeze if necessary. If an inadequate type of fuel is used, the renter will be liable for the damage caused, unless it can be attributed to the fault of a third party
– smoking inside the vehicles is (not) forbidden, unless otherwise expressly stated. For vehicles in which smoking is forbidden, MOMO RENT DOO Skopje has the right to charge a lump fee of MKD 3.090.00 in case of failure to comply with the ban by the renter or any person authorized by the renter
– The User is required to monitor the lights and signals on the vehicle’s dashboard and take all necessary measures and actions to prevent any possible damage, particularly for the purpose of observing the regular vehicle servicing intervals
– The User is required to perform the usual checks of the condition of the vehicle, and regularly monitor and control the necessary quantity of oil and water in the vehicle, and maintain adequate tire pressure
– The User is required to notify the Renter every 15,000 km for the purpose of regular servicing of the rented vehicle such as changing the oil and air filters in authorized service centers
– it is prohibited to make any modifications and/or mechanical interventions to the vehicle, and if this prohibition is violated, the User will bear the costs of returning the vehicle in the state in which it was received
- Damage liability
The User shall be liable for any and all damage to the vehicle, its parts, and its equipment which is not recognized under the terms of the all-inclusive (Casco) insurance policy.
The User shall be liable for any damage to the vehicle, its parts and its equipment caused by improper use and handling.
The User shall be liable for any damage as a result of replacing any parts or equipment where such replacement is not necessary, or replacement of a part with an old part or a part of poor/inadequate quality.
When renting a vehicle the User is required to leave behind a deposit in the amount of EUR 500 (excluding VAT), and payment of the deposit must be made using a credit card only. The deposit amount is fixed regardless of the type of vehicle rented. The deposit will remain at MOMO RENT DOO until the vehicle is returned in the condition in which it was received.
The deposit serves as a security for eventual damage to or destruction of the vehicle, as well as compensation for any damage that exceeds the amount of the franchise (EUR 500) for all-inclusive (Casco) insurance.
- Vehicle reservation and cancellation
A vehicle can be reserved for rental by phone or directly at the offices of MOMO RENT DOO at the Airport, or at the offices of Point Retail Park in Skopje, at Blv MK, Makedonsko Kosovska Brigada 67, Skopje 1000.
A reservation can also be made online using MOMO RENT DOO’s website.
When making a reservation for a vehicle, the User is required to pay the full rent amount.
In case the vehicle reservation is cancelled, MOMO RENT DOO Skopje shall make a refund as follows:
– for any cancellations made 15 days prior to the vehicle pick up date – 50% of the total amount
– for any cancellations made 7 days prior to the vehicle pick up date – 70% of the total amount
– in case the renter does not pick up the vehicle on the pick up date – 0% of the total amount
Payments can be made in cash or online, and online payments can only be made with MASTERCARD or VISA credit/debit cards.
In case of online payments, the total amount paid for renting the vehicle will be reserved in favor of MOMO RENT DOO Skopje.
Payments can be made in cash or with MASTERCARD or VISA credit/debit cards.
- Method of payment
Payment can be made in advance (advance payment in case of online reservation, phone reservation, or renting a vehicle directly at MOMO RENT DOO’s offices at Point Retail Park
Payment can also be made on an invoice. After the end of the Rental Agreement, the rental amount will be calculated based on the rental price list valid at the date of signing the agreement, taking into account the data contained in the agreement, any additional costs, and any additional terms and conditions.
The final and total rental amount will be invoiced and collected either at vehicle drop-off or at expiry of the rental period, or within 8 (eight) days following receipt of the invoice, otherwise a statutory default interest for late payment will be charged.
By entering into an agreement with MOMO RENT DOO Skopje, the User expressly agrees that MOMO RENT DOO Skopje can recover all outstanding rental amounts from User’s account, for which the User is required to sign a written consent when picking up the vehicle.
Where several persons have signed a Vehicle Rental Agreement, they shall be jointly and severally liable for payment of any and all due amounts thereunder.
- Extending the rental and returning the vehicle
The User may extend the rental agreement by notifying MOMO RENT DOO Skopje at least 1 day prior to the expiry of the term of the agreement
The User must drop off the vehicle at the date and hour specified in the Rental Agreement, and at the same place where the vehicle was picked up.
The rental period shall be considered concluded once the vehicle is dropped off at the business unit of MOMO RENT DOO Skopje where it was picked up, and once the keys and the vehicle registration certificate are handed over to the authorized person of MOMO RENT DOO Skopje.
If the User returns the vehicle more than 2 (two) hours later than the due drop-off time, the full day rental rate is charged.
MOMO RENT DOO Skopje is not obligated to refund any paid amounts in case of early drop-off.
MOMO RENT DOO Skopje assumes no responsibility for any items or documents left behind or forgotten in the vehicle.
Upon returning the vehicle, the User is required to inspect the vehicle together with an authorized person of MOMO RENT DOO Skopje in order to assess the condition of the vehicle, and if the User is unable or refuses to inspect the vehicle, the authorized person of MOMO RENT DOO Skopje may inspect and examine the vehicle without the presence of the renter.
In case any damage is discovered upon returning and inspecting the vehicle, it will be offset against the deposit paid to MOMO RENT DOO Skopje.
Fuel cost is not included in the rental price.
The vehicle is rented with a full tank, and the User is required to return the vehicle with a full tank. In case the vehicle is returned with less fuel than when it was picked up, the User will be charged 2 euros per liter of missing fuel.
The User shall inform the Renter of any defect immediately and without delay.
Repair or replacement of parts may only be performed in authorized service centers, otherwise Renter shall be liable for any damages as a result of repair or replacement of parts performed in an unauthorized service center and shall not have the right to demand refund of the paid repair or replacement costd.
If the replacement of parts is done abroad, the User is required, despite the granted approval for repair or replacement of the part, to certify the receipt for the repair and report the replaced part when crossing the state border. User’s costs for repair or replacement performed abroad shall be acknowledged in the amount stated on the receipt in denar equivalent according to the average rate of the National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia valid as at the date of payment.
If the replacement of parts or the repair of the vehicle is done abroad without prior approval by MOMO RENT DOO Skopje, User’s costs shall be acknowledged in the amount estimated by a Commission formed by MOMO RENT DOO Skopje in denar equivalent according to the average rate of the National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia valid as at the date of payment.
If it is discovered, after the vehicle is returned, that any part of the vehicle, equipment, or additional equipment has been lost or damaged, the User shall pay the full cost for the damaged or lost part, equipment, or additional equipment.
- Documents and keys
All rentable vehicles are furnished with all necessary documents, including documents needed for crossing the state border. In case of losing or damaging the documents and/or the key, the User shall reimburse the cost thereof.
Casco insurance does not cover damage to the oil pan (sump), the tires, the wheel rims, or the vehicle interior, and the User shall be liable for any damage to the above parts, and shall reimburse the full cost thereof.
- Vehicle and passenger insurance
All rentable vehicles are insured with automobile liability insurance against damage caused by third parties, with an authorized insurance company.
Insurable vehicles are also insured with a EUR 500 Casco insurance franchise. The User shall by liable for any damage exceeding the franchise amount, and shall reimburse the difference.
If the damage to the vehicle is caused through the fault of the User, the same shall bear the full cost of the damage.
By paying a daily surcharge, the amount of which is determined as per the current pricelist, the driver and passengers can be insured against bodily harm and death under the applicable insurance policy.
- Liability and obligations in the event of a traffic accident or vehicle theft
In the event of a traffic accident or vehicle theft the User shall, immediately and without delay, notify the nearest police station and MOMO RENT DOO Skopje.
The User shall fill out and deliver to MOMO RENT DOO Skopje a form titled Accident Statement included in the vehicle documents, stating all relevant information about the accident and submitting it to MOMO RENT DOO Skopje, otherwise the User shall be liable to compensate the damage resulting from the failure to comply with this obligation.
The User shall cooperate with MOMO RENT DOO Skopje during the investigation and the procedure.
In the event of vehicle theft, the User shall bring in the Police Report of the theft, and the vehicle keys and documents if not stolen as well.
- Traffic violations
All fines for traffic violations committed during the term of the rental agreement shall be borne exclusively by the User of the vehicle. The User is liable for any damage caused by the vehicle during the term of the rental agreement in case the insurance does not, for any reason, cover the full cost of the damage.
In case the User of the vehicle fails to return the vehicle within the deadline specified in the Rental Agreement, it shall be deemed to have been illegally hijacked by the User, and the User shall become subject to legal action in accordance with the provisions of the Criminal Code of the Republic of Macedonia.
- Competent court
In case of any dispute arising from the vehicle rental, the competent court for resolution of such dispute shall be Primary Court Skopje 2 Skopje.
MOMO RENT DOO – renter of the vehicles
USER – any natural or legal person who has entered into a rental agreement with the renter and has undertaken to pay the rental cost
DRIVER- any person physically operating a vehicle